Sunday, February 13, 2005

Don't Know why I'm doing this

It was suggested to me by the Sarra and the Sim to start a blog. Apperently everyones doing it. I told them that I wasnt going to cuz I had nothing to say. But then I read through everyone elses blog and realized that noone has anything to say.
Life is good here in Jerusalem. It was supposed to snow over Shabbat and the whole city was getting ready. Then it didnt. It hailed for a few minutes in the afternoon. that was it.
We're in the middle of finals time in Israeli universities. The most wonderful Israeli creation is "moed bet." "Moed Aleph" is finals, and Moed Bet is if you dont like your grade or if you failed you can take the finals over again. Since this is a militaristic country, if you were in the army during finals you get to take Moed Gimmel. Ive finished all the moed alephs. i had four tests. I passed my hebrew final. So I officially know hebrew. Didnt quite pass the economics final so thats what im studying for now. Thats really why I'm writing this, cuz I'm not in the mood to study. I dont think i'm ever in the mood to study. I also took two other tests but I still havent gotten grades back yet. hopefully this will be the only moed bet i will have to take.
The Shany is also in the middle of finals. but she takes like 19 classes or something. she is actually right nwo studying for a final she has this afternoon. After two and a half months of marriage I am still a big fan.
After two and a half months of marriage we made shabbat for the first time. I helped with the buying of the food and the setting of the table. Shany made the food. We had soup gefilte fish lots of little salads a big salad, chicken (KFC still), and dessert. The thing most missed was Moms home made challa. Instead I bought two challot, 6 shekel apiece (about $1.50) They werent bad, just not anything special. We had over another couple fromt he neighborhood. Then we went to them for lunch. These are ur first and so far our only friends from our neighborhood. I'm not such a fan of my hood cuz they dont speak english here. I guess I should get used to that.
I just got a call from work. I work as a waiter for a caterer, does mostly bar mitzvas and brissim and things like that. Its not very exciting work, the pay isnt very good and if I had something else to do I probably would. but I dont. My Shany got me the job. I jsut had to turn down work because of this test I have. The beauty of my work is that I can say I have a job, but I work at most about once a week. Probabluy closer to onve every other week. They call me if they need me. Many of my co-workers are Arabs. This doesnt really bother me. I have not yet aliged myself with any political thought. I used to be hard core right wing, but I realize that thats not the answer. I'm somewhere closer to the center. When I figure otu my politics I'll blog it. Thats it for now.
I feel good that I have proven to myself that I can also write enormous amounts of nothing.

5 Comments:

Blogger rockofgalilee said...

it was an ok first post, after a couple more, you'll develop a style for it.
Glad to hear that shabbos went ok.

8:10 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

Mom's Challah..well if you're really good maybe i'll share the koskosh cake mom is sending me with the Kohn's...

8:43 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

i'm starting a blog war...check this out... http://jamescradit.blogspot.com/

8:55 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

hey...i also told you to start one...
IF you live in detroit you get moms challah every week:)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Its not true. You only get challah if you ask for it.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home