Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Just Rambling

IMPORTANT PIZZA UPDATE:
We found great pizza right here in our neighborhood. After much searching, we went to a little pizza place around the corner. I wasnt impressed walking in, its a tiny place and had a lot of little kids seeing if they had enough ten agurot coins to buy an ice cream. But we ordered a slice each and were very impressed! The place is on Reins street, run by a Frenchy couple (I know, I know, but french or not, you cant deny a good pizza). Its called Dekalim or soemthing like that. They put sesame seeds on the crust.

Why do people make seperate seating weddings?? I understand if they want to sit the unmarried people seperately, but what problem can there possibly be in a man sitting next to his wife? Is the problem that theres going to be four or five couples at the table, so you may look at the guys wife sitting next to you? Maybe even ask her to pass you a drink!? Do people that make these weddings invite other people over for Shabbat? Cuz then you also have another mans wife at the same table as you. I think some people like to be more religious then the next guy, and this was the best they could come up. I was at one wedding, men and women ate in different rooms. Why do they stop there? I have a better idea. Why doesnt the girl make someone her shaliach (messenger) to get married for her. Then you dont even have to have girls at the Chuppa. The guy can have a party in one neighborhood, the girl can have her brother act in her place to get married, and she can have a separate party in another place entirely. Dont laugh, its going to get there. So MyShan is at her friends wedding, which I opted not to go since its separate. Now, I dont really mind missing the wedding, but I dislike the principle of the matter. Why would someone invite me to a wedding of people I dont know, and then not even seat me next to my wife, the one people I DO know??

I have a test tomorrow in macro. I just dont care anymore. People are starting school after their long summer break, and my summer break hasnt even started yet. At least I get off til November. I dont know what I'm doing next year, I dont care, as long as its not what I did this year. At least I got married this year, so no one can say I did nothing.

We saw an awesome movie the other day. Skeleton Key. I'm not usually into thrillers and that stuff, but this was very cool. Kinda sixth sense-like.

Do they have buffet style weddings in America? We went to a wedding the other day (mixed seating) and they served us the little piece of meat with greenbeans and potatoes on the side. We were comparing that to our wedding which was buffet and you could take all you want. Getting served seems more fancy, but its really not better. Then you have to choose between which main course you want. Buffet, you can take all the main courses!! Fancier or not, I'm a much bigger fan of buffet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

Maybe they seat you seperate because they assume that you spend all your time with your wife, and now its time to hang out with the guys.
that being said, I hate those weddings also.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

why do you think it is worthwhile to have single people sitting separately? How are they supposed to meet women?

On another note, I scored higher than you on Slurpee, but it didn't take my score. So I played again and am now in second place.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

FYI, some people do not have other couple over for Shabbat either. A Chumrah to prevent wife-swapping.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

Rhonda, Mom and I were having this conversation yesterday. Rhonda hates separate seating also, she said something similar to what Air said. How can she meet a guy at a wedding if they are on the opposite side of the hall. And Mom added that some chassidim have the women in separate rooms, to prevent wife swapping.
I just thinks it's interesting that Too-B'av is one the happiest days of the years, because the singles got to out to the fields, and watch all the single dance. Now they put up Mechitzas. No wonder people aren't as happy as they were back in the day.

5:10 PM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

I dont think its worthwhile to have seperate seating ever, but I do understand why people do it for singles. Couples I just dont get.
So the baal Simcha thinks his guests are so untrustworthy he cant sit them near each other?

5:48 PM  
Blogger mom said...

maybe he doesnt want shmoopy at his simcha

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home