Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Proud Uncle

After disengagement I thought there would be a real lull in the news, what could top Gaza? Then along came Katrina. And then along came the "connections" between Gaza and Katrine. The latest I saw was R Ovadia Yosef. I've also heard the numbers add up, I'm not sure if its a percantage or what numbers add up, just that they do. Many people seem to agree this was Gods wrath, either for the sin of gays, abortions, Mardi Gras, and everything else. Whether any of this is true or not, unless another nine "natural disasters" follow, I dont think this will change any government policy, or make any long term impact in the religious level of the world.
My nephew heard about this whole hurricane business and went out raising money for the victims. Read about it here.
A big difference between the wife and I is about "evil eyes". I dont believe in them. I think, at most, they only affect people that do believe in them, and its purely psychological. MyShan does believe in them. As it turns out, a few times we have told people we were doing something before we were sure, and it didnt end up working out. Proof for her, coincidence for me. But I do feel its safe now to say that we are going to America next week. We are also moving out of our apartment and moving into a different one when we come back.
In other good news, I went to kikar safra to transfer the apartment back to the owner, and make sure everything is ok with our arnona bill. Turns out, they owed me money! I may be the first person who not only didnt get screwed by the city, but actually got money from them. I'm only worried that in a few years, they're going to tell me they made a mistake, and I owe them the money back plus interest!! If that happens, MyShan will have further proof that evil eye works, and I still wont believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home