Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Premiere In Real News

The Dallas News quoted my blog in a section they have of opinion blogs taken from all over. They contrasted mine with one from a Palestinian from Gaza. Jameel was just talking about how he blogs to promote aliyah awareness, and while I really just started blogging cuz everyone else was (hence jumping on the bandwagon..) I am really happy to see that I can assist us in the propaganda fight. Here's the contrast, for those too lazy to go there and see it themselves...

Every time there's a terror attack, we feel the pain. We think that there's nothing worse then this. And each time our enemies strike again, twisting the knife a little further. A pregnant mother and her four kids, murdered. A father and his daughter on the night before her wedding, murdered.

And then it gets worse. A soldier kidnapped, and then another boy kidnapped. We sit and wait, frustrated by our inability to do anything. ... The army is back in Gaza, ... arresting the enemy leaders, bombing bridges ... I don't care. ... All I wait to hear is the news I haven't heard yet. Where is [hostage Gilad Shavit]? How is he? When is he coming home?

Stillruleall, Jerusalem

stillruleall.blogspot.com

The operation against Gaza is continuing. It is 1.30 a.m. [Wednesday]. The Gaza Bridge has been destroyed. The jet fighters are still in the sky hitting many targets.

The Gaza power plant was hit by at least seven missiles. I can see a big fire from my window and hear the sirens of emergency vans. The gunboats started shelling, too ...

Things are clear for me. The military operation in Gaza aims to destroy the infrastructure completely, to end up with no government, no [Palestinian Authority], no negotiations with Palestinians. Peace is not Israel's goal.

Mona El-Farra, physician in Gaza City, Occupied Gaza Strip

fromgaza.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Hey! Thats very cool that you got quoted in the real media...

(You got alot more exposure than I ever got!)

12:51 AM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

With our powers combined we can have more olim and an Israel-friendy (or at least friendler) world!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

OK - pick a pair of superheros :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

Kol Hakavod. I vote for flash gordon and hulk.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home