Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thoughts at the Grocery

Things I wish we had here: Oreo non-chocolate cookies, ziploc bags, Claussen pickles
Thing I miss the most: Light beer. Why can't we have light beer?!?! and when you ask for Ligh beer they think you want white beer, as opposed to goldstar, which is a dark beer. Do they not make carlsperg or heineken light? or do we just not import them??
Things I'm glad we have: Tivol brand frozen food, especially the mushroom and cheese one, milk in a bag (dont know why, but I'm a big fan),
Things I wonder: How much do oranges cost in America? I paid 3 shek for a kilo (about 30 cents a pound).
Things that make me laugh: Every time they ask if I want to do a payment plan on my grocery purchases.

4 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Light beer is NOT beer!! Ummm, all fruits and veg.s here cost less than it does in the states. It's very logical. All fruits and veggies here are fresh and grown very close to all points of sale. In the states, produce is shipped; shipped from Mexico, or Florida, or from a point in the southern part of the US. It takes 1-3 days to ship this stuff. Once you buy it, you're paying more to cover shipping costs, the drivers, pesticides, etc. Here, that's not a factor. Yeah, those payment plans are funny. You would think for a country that lets you put 5 sheks on a payment plan would have leasing options for cars. Weird. They're starting to do it with financing, but it's just weird.
-OC

1:26 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Would like me to bring you some Blond Oreos? I don't think the pickles or the lite beer will make the trip, but if you let me know what size ziplocs you want, I'm sure I could rustle some up for you.

When oranges are in season, I pay 4/ dollar.

5:51 PM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

Ziplocs even come in different sizes? Wow. I just need something that you can put a sandwich in and seal it instead of kinda folding the top of the bag inside and hoping it doesnt open...especially when there's chumus in the sandwich...I would love for you to bring us some blond oreos!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I think they have ziplocks at Mega.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home