Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Life and Death Mixed Together

I've sat down a few times to sit and write something, but I keep stopping. I want to write light things, but there's to much on my mind. I visited this guy in the hospital a week ago, his APC was hit by a rocket and his legs are in terrible shape. He was part of the team that brought out the bodies of the soldiers that were killed in Bent Jbail, including Amichai, a friend of his. That same day I had to make a horrible decision; go to a memorial ceremony for a friend's brother who was killed, or go to an engagement party for my wife's friend. I couldnt do both since they were on seperate sides of the country. I ended up missing a ride to the memorial so I went to the engagement. It was probably for the good since I was so depressed after the hosital visit. I stopped at my friends grave in Eli on Friday. They haven't put a stone on yet, so it is just dirt with a little sign that says his name, rank, and date of death. Then a friend and I went to visit his parents and talk to them. His father wasnt home, but his mom was, and she seemed to appreciate our visit. My friend brought a framed picture of our unit with Amichai in the middle. Tonight I am going to a wedding. In a few weeks I have a memorial ceremony on Sunday and a wedding on Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

It's the way of life here, I'm finding out. And fortunately or unfortunately, people seem to get used to it.

May you know of no more sorrow.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home