Thursday, February 24, 2005

Hail To The Chief

My Shany and I were just watching the 70s show (in bed of course) and they had the most incredible line that I feel very much applies to me.

Red: “Have you been in bed all day?”
Eric: “Yeah, I have. I’ve been reading the Jack Chirac classic ‘On the Road’. See, as I see it, why get out of bed when you can read about people who got out of bed?”
R: You have got to be the laziest non-communist I have ever met.”

Very rarely do I relate so well to television.

In other news, I am fed up with school. Specifically, statistics. Firstly, they call it statistica, and secondly, my Russian teacher with her thick accent calls it stateesteeka. Shes definitely a commie sent her by the KGB to ruin the minds of all the students.

I have discovered a problem with the makeup of this country. In America, one of the first things every kid learns is that (as long he is a native born) he can become the president. Every kid goes home some time before 4th grade and announces that he, or even she, will one day be president. That way every kid starts off with an aspiration. If you can become the president, you can become anything. Over here, no one would ever want to be prime minister. The same 3 people have fought over the job (til one got shot, now only 2 people) for the past 3 decades. That’s because it’s a bad job. Kids in this country grow up thinking that if they’re lucky they can work in a falefal store for 20 shek an hour. Theres no aspirations here, no goals. Even the Chief Rabbi is about to be convicted for taking bribes or something. That is why I feel that the economy here is so poor. We need a Bill Gates (just not Bill Gates himself, I don’t like him at all) or a president or someone who inspires people that they too can make it big. That’s why I’m here. My goal is to be the future generations inspiration of how they too can make it big. And I’ll start as soon as I get out of bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

i usually relate well to people on TV
You know for someone who opted to leave this country and move to Israel, you sure bitch about it a lot
I think deep down you wish you never left the good ol US of A

2:10 AM  
Blogger Menachem said...

i think david actually moved here just so he could bitch about it all day

6:50 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

If you believe in the right for Kiddush Clubs to exist, visit this site.

http://ickc.blogspot.com/

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home