Sunday, May 29, 2005

I.C.U. sounds like a kid's game

I was "tagged" by survivor to do 5 RAK's over two days. RAK's is a concept started by Yiddishe Mama. Instead of focusing on all of them (too many? not enough?) I'll focus on one. MyShan's friend (Michal Sharona Bat Rachel Rut) is in the hospital, shes been there since Yom Haatzmaut. She was in a motorcycle accident, she went into a coma, she came out of the coma but she lost all feeling from neck down. So far she's regained some feelings in her finger. Her mother and sister flew in from Montreal and have barely left the hospital since they arrived. So we were asked to come watch her so her mother and sister could go eat lunch somewhere and have a somewhat normal Shabbat. We went to the hospital around 11 and stayed there til around 2:30. The entire time we were there the girl was sleeping so we didnt have so much to do. I was never in an ICU before and it was quite interesting. They had some oversized chairs, so we were relaxing, and I was watching the line on the machine, comparing Michals to the lady in the next bed over. I dont know which line was the important one, but Michal was winning on all 3. Then the nurses told us the comfortable chairs are only for patients, we had to sit on the regular chairs. I always thought an ICU would have doctors running around yelling, but it was very quiet. The nurses were circulating, every once in awhile throwing us out while they did stuff. I read The Chosen by Chaim Potok for most of the day (how does that book end? Does the chassidishe kid become an apikores and the other kid become a rabbi?) and then when her mom came back we walked to my in laws for a late late lunch. All in all, it was a very fulfilling afternoon.
And now, to keep the game going, I tag
shuandnat
twoares
airtime

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

I DID MY R.A.K.

8:01 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

Can mine be going to see shimi's play?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I have to pass on the RAK thing. I am such a chain killer. I never forward those emails either.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home