Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More memories

It was bound to happen. MyShan found out my opinion of standing for the siren, so now I'm in the doghouse. I even stood for it, but that didnt really help matters. I'm supposed to be working, but the website is down. I got a ticket to the hottest show in town tomorrow. My sister-in-law, Michal, learns dance, and is part of the tekes in Har Herzl for Yom HaAtzmaut. She got two tickets for the practice run yesterday, and 2 for the real one. So Shan and Mom-in-law went yesterday, and me and father-in-law are going tomorrow. I'm very excited. Its supposed to be the coolest thing.
I got a lot of slack for saying that I'm didnt rebel, I just did my own thing as a kid. I'd like to reiterate that, I know a lot of guys that would go to movies cuz it wasnt allowed, or even do something crazy like own a radio, all to break rules. I wasnt like that at all. When I was in the mood, I wen tto a movie. If I was at home, I told my parents, if I was in yeshiva, I snuck out the back. At home I turned the radio on in my room, in yeshiva I hid it under my pillow. But it wasnt any form of a rebellion. Same thing with dating. I met a girl, I liked her, I met her a bunch more, and we eventually startd going out. I didnt go out to meet girls bcause it wasnt allowed, I went to meet girls cuz thats where all my friends were. Even smoking wasnt to rebel. I was in a horrible high school, my friends were smoking so I took a drag and, walla, I was more relaxed. OK, maybe it as more then one drag on one cigarette, but it relaxed me. So I did it more. Since it wasnt allowed I had to hide it, but thats not rebelling. Thats me trying to fit my lifestyle into a different world. Just for the record, even before I finished high school, I finished smoking. I decided it wasnt worth the risk, plus there was a lot of outside pressure for me to stop. And I was never a heavy smoker. I was more the "I'm real down, can I bum a cig off you" kinda guy.
Enough with that. Point being, I was never a rebel, just a man trying out life his own way.
The websites back up, I got to get back to work.
I hope everyone takes this day, thinks about the fallen soldiers, and does something positive, however small, in their memory.

4 Comments:

Blogger Menachem said...

you probably shouldnt express opinions you dont want your wife to find out about on your blog

4:03 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

What about teen people????
Also you never really finished High School...

5:39 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

One would thinkthat as a former soldier, you would stand to commerrante fallen comrade in battle...What's your issue with Yom Hazikaron, or did you not want to stand because you were rebelling again?

5:40 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

david? teen people!?!?

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home