Thursday, June 16, 2005

Golani Balagan

What a story!! After I read the Arutz7 story, I always like to check another source to get a bigger picture. Jpost has a slightly different variation, but same idea. Golani is not going to do hitnatkut. According to the article, they are too scared of soliders refusing orders. I had two favorite parts of this article. One was a typo near the beginning:
"The IDF has decided to relieve the prestigious Golani Brigade of the task of removing Jewish residents za from their homes, fearing mass refusal and lack of motivation among soldiers and officers. "
Whats the "za" in the middle? A reference to Zacks, the golani soldier? My other favorite part was someone named ari abramowitz saying how golani is first and second generation immigrants from Arab countries. How many abramowites are there from Arab countries???
Maariv quoted the whole story, but at the end said Golani has been relieved of hitnatkut due to worries about it being a disengagement under fire. Either way, I'm glad my boys arent a part of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

if you were still in teh army, what would you do...assuming that goani didnt refuse

8:59 PM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

I would probably go and then just hang out and do nothing...

10:47 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

I like how I almost found the story first...
Of course the other's will have changed it a bit...they aren't as proud as A7 is ;)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Menachem said...

can't trust golani for nuttin....

3:39 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

DAv, you would have followed orders, unless it was for a CODE RED

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home