Friday, June 10, 2005

Things I Hate

Following Menachems trend, I decided to blog about something that has just pissed me off for too long. Its 3 in the morning, your walking home cuz you have no money, your tired and the hang over is starting to kick in and BAAM! a cab driver hits the horn behind you. Do I look like I want a cab? Am I looking at the street at all? Does he think if he hits the horn, I'll suddenly change my mind? Half the time they dont even slow down, just instinctively they see someone they hit the horn. On some walks home I would get 6 or 7 cabs hitting their horns, all I wanted to do is walk home quietly in my own world, but no, I couldnt, cuz cabbie saw me. I always wanted to go over and tell the cabbie, "Ya know, I wasnt planning on taking a cab. But since you hit the horn, now I want to". I just never knew how to say it. Now that I know how to, I'm never walking home at 3AM. But now I wait for the bus at the city exit, and all the sheruts stop there for people going to Bnei Brak. They pull over on the side and hit the horn to announce theyre their. Acceptable. Then they just sit their on the horn, over and over again. Noone new came to the bus stop. We all know that hes there. Why doesnt he stop? One of them was sitting by for abt 10 minutes just hitting the horn. When he started to pull out he looked at me to see if I wanted a ride. Like I hadnt noticed him til then, maybe I was interested now. I yelled out "Sorry, I really want to go with you, but you didnt honk enough." I dont think he heard me but I felt better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Menachem said...

you know... i've actually many times been walking somewhere late at night, and a cab driver honks his horn and i spontaniously decide to take it.

1:40 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

apontaniously you say...

What I don't understand are cab drivers who honk, stop, you tell them where you want to go, and they tell you it's not in their direction...dude! you don't have a direction...

2:43 AM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

At the technion a guy honked a bunch of times, and as he was driving away I put out my hand to stop him. When he stopped I asked if he was going in the opposite direction of where he was going. Then I laughed at him.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home