Monday, August 01, 2005

Ode to The Pool

So blue and inviting
Cold and clear
The water would sing
"Jump in, if you dare"

How i miss that pool
The times we had
The memories we share
Jumping in after school
Swimming laps with dad
Without a single care

Of late I sit here
I think of what I left
In that country there
Oh, how I am bereft

In my country of new
The heat is insane
Mirages start to grow
I dream of that blue
Of our fear it might rain
Of testing it with my toe

It was a choice I made
A decision I stand by
When I stood and bade
That oasis goodbye

But i still think of her chill
When I'm out in the heat
With the sun beating down
And I say someday I will
Acoomplish this feat
And her bring her to my new town

2 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

You are almost completely surrounded by water. Swim in it...

7:01 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

when i move to israel, u can take the pool

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home