Monday, January 02, 2006

All About Food

I was flipping through different blogs and I found one I thought was really funny. the food I eat.
Since August, every day, theres a list of breakfast lunch and dinner. Such dedication! Some interesting entries are 5/6 hawaiian pizza for dinner, 2.5 pancakes for dinner, and 1 corned beef and swiss cheese grilled sandwich, fries, milkshake, 3 apples for lunch. Also, I like how this fellow went for long periods of time eating pizza every day.

Today I started a diet. I feel my belt getting tighter, and decided instead of opening it up one more notch, I'm going to fight. My last diet was a one-meal-a-day diet. I started off eating a schwarma around 3PM, and it filled me until the next day around 3, when I had another schwarma. Then I slowly cut it down so I had one slice of pizza for an entire day, then a bureka. Then I went a whole day without eating and decided that I miss food. Eating is a fun activity like swimming or throwing darts. So since then I've been eating and now it's time to diet again. This diet is a fruit and vegetable and tuna fish diet. So far I've lasted one day and I feel like passing out. My goal is to make it til thursday when we have a lunch date with friends. I do feel guilty that I bought chumus and deli and bread to make sandwiches for school, and if I dont eat them they'll go bad. So this diet might not last so long.

Speaking of schwarma, I think the best schwarma is Halo Taiman. It's a relatively new place that opened up next to the Yellow gas station by the city entrance where a burger ranch used to be. There has been one in bnei brak for a long time and they finally came to jerusalem. It's much more expensive then schwarma in the city center, at I think 27 shek for a laffa and 21 for a pita, but cheaper then Massov or Korus Center One. They have a choice of Hodu or Egel. The pittot are small, but the laffas are big and they fill them very well. The scam with the city center schwarma is that they only cost 15 shek for a laffa, but they are tiny laffot. Also one of the main places in town doesnt cover the vegetables and chummus and stuff so you dont know what is falling in there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Dieting isn't the answer. Moderation is. Also, cutting out small things can really do a lot. For example, if you drink Coke with pizza, you could cut out over 200 calories by drinking water or diet soda instead. If you eat one meal a day, you'll just be hungrier and be tempted to snack or eat bigger meals since your body is craving the nutrients you're not putting into it. If you're going from eating meat to only fruit and veg.s, you're doomed to fail. Your body needs protein and carbs to keep up its energy. That's why you would feel tired or dizzy when denying yourself those necessities. I've found that eating out less really helps and making your meals from scratch really makes you aware of what you're putting into your body. Use more veg.s with your food. The more color, the better it is for you. Try stir-frying. It's a great delicious and healthy way to eat. If you do eat out, avoid their souces. by cutting that out, you can cut out up to half the calories. By doing little simple things like that, you wouldn't have to cut out much food, and you'd be cutting back hundreds of calories a day. Diets are never the answer, and they never work.
-OC

11:59 PM  
Blogger Menachem said...

you owe me two meals, i don't want this diet fad to be an excuse for not paying up.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

what about proteins and stuff. you gotta diet smart and it doesn't have to be a big change.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home