Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Celebrating Democracy

For my first time, I have exercised my democratic right and voted. I could have voted in the last American elections but I didnt care enough to vote as an expat. And anyway I would have voted Bush. So for the first time, I voted. I was hoping there would be a big ink bucket so after I could raise my ink-stained finger and yell like a monkey. But instead I went into the room, was given an envelope, and sent behind the curtain (actually more of a mechitza). There's a bunch of little cards with letters on it and you have to pick one and stick it in the envelope and then show them that you're putting it in the box. for some reason instead of writing the name of the party in big letters on the little cards, they have big letters and the party name written in small. I chose National Union/NRP. Then I went and bought a danish from Angels to celebrate.
The Rock has posted his election predictions based on nothing, and I believe he is off. Here's my predictions (also based on nothing).
Kadima : 32
Labor : 21
Likud : 15
Shas : 11
NRP/NU : 13
Lieberman: 9
Arabs : 6
Meretz : 5
UTJ : 6
Some Small Party: 2

5 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Sorry, but I'd be very surprised to see Shaas and NRP/NU surpass Lieberman. Lieberman is carrying a lot of momentum into today. I wouldnt be surprised to see them actually come in at #2, ahead of Likud and Labor. It's a big possibility.
-OC

1:43 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

did you get a sticker that be nice to me, I voted today?

4:01 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

what kind of danish?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Menachem said...

wow, you're not embarrassed to still have this up?

11:12 AM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

The results arent all in!! There's still hope...

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home